ADVANTAGES FOR STUDENTS
KNOWLEDGE AND COMMAND OF NEW TECHNOLOGIES
American High School programs help students to develop technological skills. A greater interest level and motivation, better learning autonomy, an interdisciplinary nature, digital and audio-visual literacy, development of information search and selection skills, or even a positive teacher-student communication are just some of the many advantages that this virtual, digital learning program offers and which facilitate the students’ integration to this emerging world which is constantly changing andtransforming. A world where the command of new technologies is vital.
IMPROVEMENT OF ENGLISH LEVEL
It is undeniable that English is known in many parts of the world as the “lingua franca” of the global economy, in business, technology, science and aviation and its influence is greater than ever in the XXI century. American High School’s programs promote English learning. All subjects are taught in English and interactions between teachers and international students are established in English. This creates an extremely positive immersion environment to improve communicative skills, and increases motivation and confidence when using the language. This is an essential characteristic of any program seeking to achieve a high linguistic level.
REWARD FOR DETERMINATION
The learning of different materials and subjects which would not normally be accessible to students, together with a robust capacity for work and a high English level, provides students with a wide range of academic possibilities. A high school student wishing to attend an American university will have advantages, when submitting their application, over students who have not shown this command of English and other academic achievements.
American High School’s programs also test the ability of students to work in different cultural environments. This cultural exchange begins the very first moment that students begin their course, write reports and communicate with their native teachers in English.
AHS LOUNGE – SOCIAL CLUBS
As well as interaction with American teachers, American High School offers students the chance to participate in AHS Lounge, our social platform, exclusively for American High School students and teachers, which among other things, allows students to communicate with other students from all over the world, to take part in school competitions, to read student blogs and to write their own and to join the many diverse interest clubs and groups.
This is certainly one the strong points of our programs, giving them extra added value. It offers students the possibility to join student clubs and groups in which the students will be in contact with other participants from the same club with similar likes and interests (journalism, photography, music, gaming, cookery, getting ready for college…) in a safe environment which is accessible exclusively to American High School students and teachers. Some of these clubs are teacher led and have a weekly open house where all the members of the club can meet, share ideas and discuss club projects.
In this way, our programs help to develop the capacity for flexibility and adaptation to different ways of working, situations and environments, as well as developing strong aptitudes and qualities to decisively face the future in an enthusiastic and well prepared manner.
ADVANTAGES FOR SCHOOLS
- The educational center which includes American High School’s programs in its educational services offering, joins a new study trend which is becoming noticeable in schools all over the world, thereby internationalizing and differentiating the educational center.
- They provide new tools to the syllabus without the need to modify the existing plan.
- They bring more sense and logic into bilingual and plurilingual programs. They support students in their efforts to find employment abroad, giving them competitive tools and encouraging their effort and independence.
- American High School offers your students prestigious, recognized, international program.
ADVANTAGES FOR PARENTS
- American High School’s programs open new horizons to the future of your children, allowing them the possibility to access prestigious universities not only in the USA, but also worldwide. They encourage maturity, independence and self-management in students, teaching them to acquire responsibilities and to be more competitive, helping them to enter an employment world which is more and more demanding and which is in a process of constant change and transformation.
- Internationalization of studies: American High School’s programs offer the possibility to study international courses in an easy, comfortable and flexible way, avoiding the expensive costs of studying abroad.
- Access to new teaching methods: Students have the chance of getting to know, first hand, the workings of one of the most highly acclaimed education system in the world.
- Preview of higher education: In the American High School Dual iploma Program, similar teaching methods are applied to those students face at university or any other mobility program such as the Erasmus Program.